Validation of prior learning
What is validation of prior learning?
- Validation of prior learning is an evaluation of skills and knowledge acquired through work-based learning.
- Validation of prior learning can potentially shorten your study pathway.
- On completion of the validation of prior learning, participants are offered the opportunity to enter an education programme and complete studies in their trade.
- Education and career counsellors assist in study and career planning.
- Qualification in a licensed trade is obtained by completing a journeyman's exam.
Validation of prior learning does not in any way undermine the requirements imposed by the national curriculum.
Admission requirements for validation of prior learning
- 23 years of age and 3 years of work experience in a relevant trade. Work experience must be confirmed by providing public documents.
Further information can be obtained from IÐAN's education and career counsellors.